In November, 200+ College Care Packages will be packed up and shipped out to college students who grew up in foster care. Each care package will be filled to the brim with study snacks, hygiene and school supplies, and gift cards.
Want to help? Now through October 31st we’re accepting donations of snacks, gift cards and other dorm goodies to add to our fall edition of our college care packages. The full list of items we need is here, or you can shop our Amazon Wish List. Consider holding a drive with your friends or community group or organize a collection at your workplace. Email us to arrange a drop-off or pick-up.
- “Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this package. It made my day. My fave was the popcorn! I love popcorn and it is a great snack for school. Thank you again for the package and the card. It was all really cute and appreciated.” -Kayla
- “I am grateful for the care package… It is perfect the fact that it includes both snacks and hygiene products. Thank you all for making a difference!!” -Wendy
- “Thank you so much for the package, I loved everything. You guys hook me up so much throughout the years which has been a blessing onto me, every little bit helps!!” -Nataki
Want to receive one? Or know someone who does?
Young adults are eligible to receive a College Care Package if they:
- Obtained high school diploma or equivalent
- Spent time in foster care as a youth
- Are still engaged with services through the Massachusetts DCF
- Are currently furthering their education in any way (vocation training, or a 2- or 4-year college)
If you are a youth who fits this description, or know a youth who does, click here for all the details and to sign them up by 10/31 to receive a care package.